Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education is an important facet for Professional and Associate Members of IIDA. Understanding the value of continuing education and research has been the mainstay of IIDA since its inception. Educated practitioners make informed, safe, and creative decisions, which affect us all. Educational programs serve as a creative outlet to promote awareness regarding pertinent issues within the practice of interior design.
Policy and procedure dictates IIDA Members must complete a specific amount of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) within a given compliance period. As technology advances business practices across the globe, IIDA offers a myriad of options for those individuals seeking CEU credit or looking to provide quality educational programming, so as to keep pace with this ever evolving industry. IIDA is committed to lifelong learning and continuous professional development of our Members.
Finding the best continuing education option to fit your needs is easy. You may find all the resources available through IIDA and industry partners to obtain CEU credit.
Some options include:
- Courses approved through IDC, IDEC, ASID and IIDA – IDCEC
- Courses sponsored by IIDA Chapters, City Centers and Forums
- Courses taught by professional consultants
- Structured and guided Travel / Study tours (self-guided tours are not acceptable)
- Educational tracks at industry-wide conferences and symposia, i.e. NeoCon
- College courses (not toward a degree)
- Independent study courses available on the Internet (webinars), trade publications and Perspective Magazine