Pam Weeks was an IIDA Rocky Mountain Chapter Board member. During her years on the board she served as City Center Co-Director in Denver and Vice President of City Centers; additionally she was active on several IIDA committees such as the IIDA BESTawards and Holiday Gala. To say she was a vibrant piece of the Rocky Mountain Chapter and our design community would be an understatement. Her positive attitude, authenticity, and magnetic personality made everyone want to be around her. Pam was one of those rare bright lights who proved that there is goodness and strength in this world. Pam was always looking for ways to give back and provide a positive impact to our design community.
One of Pam’s favorite annual industry events was NeoCon in Chicago – she loved learning, seeing all the new products and networking. For several years Pam “sponsored” designers to attend NeoCon with her. In Pam’s honor, we will continue to “pay it forward” by sending two deserving IIDA Rocky Mountain Chapter Members annually to NeoCon to grow, learn, and enrich themselves as a design professional.
Award Description & Terms
- Two awards of $1500 each are to be awarded each year to attendee NeoCon in Chicago. 50% of the award ($750) will be given upon notification and the remaining 50% ($750) will be given upon completion of the required paper (see below in Submission Requirements).
- The IIDA Rocky Mountain Education Fund Committee may elect not to select award winners due to lack of qualified submissions or lack of interest.
- The financial award is intended to be used for travel expenses, hotel accommodations and for meals.
- IIDA RMC has (2) rooms reserved for the winners for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights of NeoCon at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Chicago, the winners will have the choice to keep those room reservations or make their own arrangements. Rooms are approximately $225/night not including taxes / fees.
- Award recipients will be announced by April 15, 2016. Award recipients will also be recognized at the Annual Celebration in July.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Must be either a current IIDA Professional or Associate Member
- Must live within the Rocky Mountain Region (Colorado, Montana, or Wyoming)
- Shall not be a previous recipient of this award
- May not be a current IIDA Rocky Mountain Chapter board member.
- Complete the attached application form
- Include a current Headshot (.jpeg) of applicant
- Submission Packets must be received via email to email@example.com by 5:00 pm MDT on April 1, 2016.
Statement of Interest
- Provide a one page typed 300-word maximum narrative of why you should be selected to attend NeoCon.
The IIDA Rocky Mountain Education Fund Committee will review all complete submissions and selections will be made at the sole discretion of the selection committee along with IIDA Rocky Mountain Chapter Board approval. Judging of the complete submissions will be based on the content of the application and statement of interest as outlined above in the “Submission Requirements.”
The recipient of the award will be required to submit a 2,000-2,500 essay recapping their NeoCon experience. The paper should highlight new product introductions, interesting things learned, and capture the spirit of NeoCon.
- The paper also needs to feature your favorite new flooring discovered at NeoCon, as Pam worked in the APG group at ELEMENTS in the flooring division and was always on the hunt for “cool flooring products.”
- Photos should be included in the paper to support the narrative. This paper will be featured on the Rocky Mountain Chapter Blog and other social media.
- The paper is due no later than 5:00 pm MST on, June 30, 2016. The remaining 50% financial award will be given upon receipt of the submission of the paper.
How to Donate directly to this fund:
Tax deductible donation by check:
Make checks payable to: IIDA Foundation (put in the memo line IIDA RMC Education Fund in Honor of Pam Weeks)
Mail to: RNL
Attn: Emily Richards
1050 17th Street, A-200
Denver, CO 80265
Non-tax deductible donation online:
The IIDA RMC will issue a payment to headquarters for the amount you donated to be directly contributed to the IIDA RMC Education Fund