Are you interested in getting more involved in the IIDA Rocky Mountain Chapter? Looking for leadership opportunities within the design community?
The IIDA Rocky Mountain Chapter Board of Directors has recently appointed the Nominating Committee for the 2014 year. The Chapter has gained momentum in the last few years and in order to continue growing and strengthening the Chapter, additional volunteers are needed. If you are interested in filling a position or would like to nominate a peer, please fill out a Nomination Form by Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
· The Chapter is governed by a Board of Directors (President, President-Elect and VP’s). All Board of Director positions are elected by the Nominating Committee comprised of Professional Members. The President appoints the President-Elect. The Nominating Committee will sign the Oath of Confidentiality and research each nominee’s eligibility and interest in serving on the Board.
· All elected positions serve two-year terms, except for the President and President-Elect. The President and President-Elect may not serve more than one consecutive full term in office.
· Once a Single Slate of candidates is approved, an Election Ballot will be distributed to all Rocky Mountain Chapter Professional Members in June.
· The new Board of Directors takes office on July 1, 2014.
Please take some time to seek out the promising talent around you!
KEY POINT TO CONSIDER WHEN NOMINATING CANDIDATES:
· All IIDA Chapter members in good standing are eligible to submit names for consideration.
· Rocky Mountain Chapter Bylaws require that candidates for elected VP positions must be Professional Members in good standing, with the exception that (1) candidate can be an Industry Member and (1) candidate can be an Associate Member. If you know someone who is not yet a professional member, but would be a good candidate for a particular position please list their name as well.
There are currently seven open positions and they are listed below. Click on the position for more information. Please note that it is expected that each Vice President, Director, and Event Chair position will be responsible to recruit members for their Committees. This will allow better delegation of tasks on the Committee level.
Please forward any nominations including your name and the name and position for which you are nominating the candidate by Wednesday, May 21, 2014 to Sarah McGarry via email to email@example.com. Click here for the nomination form. Thank you for your continued commitment to IIDA and the Rocky Mountain Chapter.
Sarah McGarry, IIDA
Past President / Nominations Chair