Are you interested in getting more involved in the IIDA Rocky Mountain Chapter?
Looking for leadership opportunities within the design community?
The IIDA RockyMountain Chapter Board of Directors has recently appointed the Nominating Committee for the 2017-2018 year. The Chapter has gained momentum in the last few years, becoming a large chapter with over 300 members, and in order to continue growing and strengthening the Chapter, additional volunteers are needed. If you are interested in filling a position or would like to nominate a peer, please fill out and return a Nomination Form by Friday April 7, 2017.
- The Chapter is governed by a Board of Directors (President, President-Elect and VPs). All Board of Director positions are elected by the Nominating Committee, comprised of Professional Members. The President appoints the President-Elect. The Nominating Committee will sign the Oath of Confidentiality, and research each nominee’s eligibility and interest in serving on the Board.
- All elected positions serve two-year terms, except for the President and President-Elect. The President and President-Elect may not serve more than one consecutive full-term in office.
- Once a Single Slate of candidates is approved, an Election Ballot will be distributed to all Rocky Mountain Chapter Professional Members in May.
- Prior to taking office, we would like the new board members to participate in the June 20, 2017 Board Meeting,
- The new Board of Directors takes office on July 1, 2017.
Please take some time to seek out the promising talent around you!
KEY POINT TO CONSIDER WHEN NOMINATING CANDIDATES
- All IIDA Chapter members in good standing are eligible to submit names for consideration.
- Self-nomination is acceptable.
- Rocky Mountain Chapter Bylaws require that candidates for elected VP positions must be Professional Members in good standing, with the exception that (1) candidate can be an Industry Member and (1) candidate can be an Associate Member. If you know someone who is not yet a professional member, but would be a good candidate for a particular position, please list their name as well.
- The Board will meet for a 2-3 day retreat in the either the 1st or 3rd weekend of August. This is a mandatory retreat to plan the next year and team build.
We have a total of (4) open positions – (2) VP positions, and (2) Director positions. It is expected that each VP, Director, and Event Chair position will be responsible to recruit members for their Committees. This will allow better delegation of tasks on the Committee level. You can view more information on each position here.
>> City Center Director Denver
>> City Center Director NOCO
>> Vice President of Professional Developement
>> Vice President of City Centers
Please fill out the Nomination Form and e-mail it to Kacy Jones by Friday, April 7, 2017. Please include your name, the candidate’s name, and the position for which you are nominating the candidate. Thank you for your continued commitment to IIDA and the Rocky Mountain Chapter.